Friday, April 23, 2010

Sagan and Tycho


Kristie Rasmussen is a friend of over a decade. For friends who know us, Tycho and Digger were occasional teammates in Obedience competitions; we still have a photo of the pair on our mantle from a trial in Idaho Falls around 2004. I photographed one of Sagan's perfect 200 scores that same weekend.

So when Kristie asked me if I'd be willing to try a little something different with the pair, how could I resist? I'm something of a purist and, in all honesty, the idea of doing a composite like these didn't totally appeal to me at first. (Of course, I never mentioned this to Kristie!) But I'm really happy with how these turned out. And I believe Kristie is too.


Sagan
OTCH ASCA OTCH U-CDX Amberac's Star Tracker Sagan UDX3 TD RAE VER OM1 GRCA-OBHF ASCA-UDX



Tycho
U-CDX Halltree's Star Gazer Tycho UDT RAE GRCA-OBHF ASCA-UD

You know that saying, something about a well-rounded dog having titles on both ends? That's Tycho and Sagan. Both have more varied titles than I can get to in this short post. Both were awarded the GRCA Obedience Hall of Fame Award and both have two Dog World Awards.
In short, they're two very accomplished boys!

The final prints were done on canvas. Last week we took them straight from the printer to Alpine Art & Frame where, with the help of Kathy, one of their very knowledgeable staff, Kristie was able to quickly choose a frame appropriate for the dogs' coloration and the room where they'll live.

Of course, none of it would've been possible without Sagan and Tycho's cooperation at our shoot. So thank you, you pair of handsome young men!