Tuesday, June 30, 2009

DOCNA Camp GittaQ Agility


Here's the link to the Saturday and Sunday combined gallery: CampGittaQ
(That Christa has a way with words, no?)




Among my favorite captures this time around is this simple shot of Linda Newby and Wunder. I've been roundly chastised for posting unflattering people shots -- and YES, dear agilophiles, I'm trying to do better! But in this shot Linda looks as cool as the other side of the pillow. And Wunder's got that muscular, Doberman-black-sheen thing going on. Oh yeah, he's a good looking boy! (Click on the photo for a larger view.)




On the other side of the spectrum is Daisy Mae, Shannon Paulson's All American. Her signature weave 'dismount' is a sight to behold. I got lucky and caught Miss Daisy at the right time here. I wasn't as lucky on one of her equally spectacular teeter dismounts.

And how was our weekend? Well, it was the best of times and...

Wyatt and I had our best day ever on Saturday: Double Q and easily our best Jumpers run EVER at 5.29 yps! (Dang you Christa for going 5.6 or something amazing like that with Annie on Sunday. We have a little corgi rivalry going on.) But more importantly, Wyatt was happy to be there. Perhaps we should've quit while we were ahead because on Sunday, oh my, we did have our problems in both standard runs. I blame myself. We got some of our enthusiasm back for our final jumpers run though. And it was still a great day at a great trial!

Oh, and lest I forget, Suzie and Little Miss Josie had three really nice runs on Sunday. Josie pretty much nailed her weave entries in Standard (a first) and but for one jump that somehow got right in Josie's way, they would've had a clean Jumpers run as well. Big Thanks to Jim Mills for some great and timely handling advice for Suzie prior to those runs. I think it helped. A lot. (We'll both be attending Jim's seminars in Grand Junction come September.)

Enjoy the gallery!