Monday, May 18, 2009

Agility crops... I'm starting to get it.




Both at the trial and in a few orders that came in this morning, I was asked about cropping photos. Here are two crops of Trace, Laurie Spease's very quick little corgi, which Laurie just ordered. Pretty good stuff. I especially like the jump. These examples are very tight crops of shots in which handler and dog were on the far end of the course but they will print up nicely.

So, yes, I can do crops! There's a comments section in the online ordering system where you can state your crop preference, or you can call or email and let me know what you'd like done. 

But I say this with a caveat: if there is an ocassion where the crop is just too extreme, I'll tell you I'd rather not do it -- and I'll work to get you the shot you want next time. Why? Because frankly, I've just seen too much inferior quality stuff over the years, stuff you all have paid good money for. Stuff that, in my humble opinioin, shouldn't have been allowed to see the light of day. And I don't want to be that guy...

Posting some portraits later today or tomorrow. Stay tuned! And rest up for Lynn Leigh!